CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: From the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
Patient Alert – If you have ANY of these symptoms
– Sore throat
– Shortness of breath
– travelled to (including transit through) mainland China, or – travelled to Hong Kong, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea or Thailand in the 14 days before getting sick
– had close contact with someone diagnosed with or
– suspected of having coronavirus in the 14 days before getting sick
– Please contact the practice before making an appointment.
Prevention and treatment
– Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
– Stay home when you are sick.
– Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects & surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
– Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
– If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
If this relates to you and are thinking of coming to the practice please call first – (08) 6278 2555
Posted March 6th, 2020